Time: 10:00 – 16:00
Venue: Stamford Court, University of Leicester, LE2 2LH
Cost: Places are included in primary and secondary schools’ WE membership
Who is it for: 1-3 (depending on school size) primary/secondary practitioners looking to embed an evidence-informed, ‘two-for-one’ pedagogy.
On Tuesday 12th November, Whole Education will launch our WE Lab Classrooms programme.
Following a successful pilot year in 18/19, this programme has been extended and updated, and now includes five different teaching and learning approaches. All the approaches have been carefully chosen based on demand and a secure evidence base that the approach improves both knowledge and skills.
Delegates can expect:
- An introduction to the programme and key dates for the diary
- A discussion on effectively applying research in the classroom led by Owen Carter from ImpactED.
- Workshops on ‘two-for-one’ pedagogies (metacognition, feedback and critique, collaborative learning, oracy and growth mindset) facilitated by experts in each approach
- Workshops led by WE Lab CLassroom partners who will be supporting different elements of the programme. These partners include: Chartered College of Teaching, IrisConnect and ImpactED. The workshops will explain how and why the partner will be working with a specific strand to support good practice and effective knowledge sharing
- Opportunities to meet and share ideas with experts and peers
- Time to begin planning next steps
Register your WE Lab Classrooms 2019/20 team below!