Where: Keeton Rd, Peterborough PE1 3JQ
Who is it for: Senior/Middle Leaders and Classroom Teachers in WE primary schools
Cost: Included in membership for WE schools.
Fulbridge Academy is a four-form entry primary school that believes in ‘Making Learning Memorable’. Our curriculum and pedagogy is set up based on ‘Preparing’ children: Plan knowledge, Retrieve regularly, Explain explicitly, Practise beyond performance, Assess accurately and appropriately, Review gaps and Evaluate effectiveness. We have specialist staff who teach PE, Performing Arts, Art and Forest School across the academy.
|09:00||Arrivals and registration|
|09:30||Welcome and Introductions
Why are we committed to a whole education?
· Making learning memorable
· Clarity of vision and strategy
· Consistent approach to achieving the school priorities.
· How we ‘Prepare’ children in school to learn.
· Authentic and distributed leadership
|10:50||Teaching and learning
· Inside Out
· Cognitive Load and Memory
· Explicit Instruction
· Retrieval practice
· Learning Walk
|13:00||Individual and table reflections|
|13:15||Lunch and networking|
· Our curriculum Box Set
· Spaced Learning and Retrieval
· Examples of curriculum areas through table sessions
|15:15||Leading a whole education. Learning from the day to support your WE journey?
Identifying your action points from the day and how you hope to realise them