Date: Friday 19th March 2021
Time: 13:00 – 16:30
Venue: Online on Zoom
Cost: Included in WE membership
Who is it for: leaders of Secondary Schools
This series of three assessment masterclasses, concluding with this Summit will explore and pull together how schools and their leaders can contribute to defining the nature of accountability in the longer term – “making the grade”.
Assessment summit context
We will set an expectation that assessment throughout schooling and at the end of KS4 specifically needs to measure the knowledge, skills and qualities of the whole child’s experience.
We have a grand ambition to explore the ways in which end of KS4 outcomes can be re-designed to fully illustrate all of the young person’s achievements to make all young people feel valued and well prepared for their future.
WE schools contribute to the growing national debate on the future of GCSEs and seek to have influence on national policy moving forward.
- How might we assess knowledge, skills and qualities?
- Think pieces and provocations from expert contributors
- Exploring ideas and established frameworks from a variety of secondary schools and their students
- Keynote on the topic of thinking forward
- What’s next for our island story?
WE school aims
Everybody is committed to broader model of assessment and measuring what we value, not valuing what we measure.
- Home schooling: ‘I’m a maths lecturer – and I had to get my children to teach me’
- Cambridge Assessment: Principles for the future of education
- Why we shouldn’t rush to scrap GCSEs in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Rethinking Assessment: Open letter to the Sunday Times
- What’s next for assessment? Trust Influence Forum, position paper 1
As well as our Secondary school leaders we will also be welcoming our Trust leaders for this Summit.
All WE secondary school members will have received an email with information on how to register for all three events. If you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any one from non WE members schools or Trusts – if you are interested in joining these events and exploring whether membership of WE would be appropriate for your school please get in touch with Lisa or Noorun on Secondary@wholeeducation.org