Where: Sandringham Rd, Forest Gate, London E7 8ED
Who is it for: Senior/Middle Leaders and Classroom Teachers in WE primary schools
Cost: Included in membership for WE schools.
Sandringham Primary School is a large Primary School in East London with over 1000 children attending the school. The school welcomes children from nine months into Sandringham Daycare. The school has a specialist team of teachers who teach art, music, drama, animation, Spanish and P.E. The school uses Maths No Problem to teach mathematics and use the philosophy of CLPE to plan the teaching of English. The school looks to educational research to decide on pedagogical approaches. Staff are expected to take responsibility for their own professional learning. The school has an innovative “voucher” approach to CPL. Sandringham was graded Outstanding by Ofsted in June 2017.
|09:00||Arrivals and registration|
|09:30- 10:40||Welcome and Introductions
Why the school is committed to a whole Education and the partnerships the school is building
Teaching and learning
· Process of capturing the school’s Purpose, Vision and Values (PVVS) – Robert Cleary
The school has captured and share across the whole school community the PVVS. The session will explore the importance of culture before strategy.
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast”- Mark Fields, President at Ford,
· Teaching and Learning at Sandringham – Katy Bowles and Anthea Kwarteng
The school has a holistic approach to teaching and learning. In a very large school how do we manage progress meetings, standards, and professional development in a way that empowers staff and makes professional learning individual and intrinsic for the staff. This will include how the school uses a whole school approach to lesson study –
· Learning Power Approach – Bimla Singh and Mariyam Seedat
How the school implemented LPA in the school. What were the challenges and the successes? This will prepare colleagues for what to look for the classroom visits that will take place after the break.
|10:40 – 10:55||Break|
|11:00 – 12:00||Teaching and learning
This session is an opportunity for colleagues to walk the school. All classrooms will be available to visit. A prompt card we suggest certain areas to look at including Learning Power Approach, Maths No Problem, nursery and preschool, Power of Reading, Resourced Provision and specialist teachers.
|12:00 – 12:20||Individual and table reflections|
|12:20 – 13:00||Lunch and networking|
|13:00 – 14:30||Teaching and learning
A choice of sessions
There will be four sessions; colleagues can choose to attend two of the four sessions given below.
· Sandringham’s approach to pastoral care and well-being. Beck Reuben Deputy Head Teacher
· Resourced Provision for children with ASD within a mainstream setting. K’dee Bernard Resourced Provision leader
· Early Years at Sandringham Daycare, Preschool, maintained Nursery and Reception. Mark Gunthorp AHT for EYFS
· SEND at Sandringham, challenges and strategies we are using. Rania Nisar SENDCo.
· Specialists team – How the school plans the use of a specialist team that supports the broad, balanced and irresistible curriculum.
|14:30 – 15:00||Leading a whole education. Learning from the day to support your WE journey?
Identifying your action points from the day and how you hope to realise them