Hannah Wilson, WE Associate Director and Co-Founder of Diverse Educators, shares her toolkit of resources on diversity in education. You can also watch recordings of WE’s three summer 2020 diversity and inclusion virtual events.
Hannah: “Thanks for joining Whole Education as we explore what we can do as an organisation, as a network, as schools and as individuals to contribute in a meaningful way into the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion agenda. I have hosted two webinars and a forum as a pilot, to feed into our offer to schools this academic year. Please do get in touch if you have best practice you would like to share within and across our network of WE schools.”
Whole Education D&I Summer Series:
Session 1: Chiltern Learning Trust webinar
- Sufian Sadiq the Director of the Teaching School and Lorraine Hughes the Director of Education from Chiltern Learning Trust shared their Diversity strategy across their group of schools and from their Teaching School outreach.
- WE Diversity and Inclusion Webinar 1 recording link
- Anti-racism: A whole school responsibility (Chiltern’s BLM event)
Session 2: BAMEed webinar
- Co-founders of the BAMEed Network, Allana Gay, Headteacher, and Penny Rabiger, Director of Engagement at Lyfta.share their advice to the system on how to support BAME staff and children as they return to school.
- WE Diversity and Inclusion Webinar 2 recording link
- BAMEed website
- BAMEed guidance and resources
- BAMEed event guidance
- BAMEed speakers’ directory
Session 3: Diversity and Inclusion forum with Lord Jim Knight
- Jim Knight and Hannah Wilson: WE Diversity and Inclusion Webinar 3 recording link
- My blog on Inclusive Allyship
- TES Black Experiences Hub
Hannah’s other recommended resources on diversity in education:
1. Free training from Hannah Wilson available online:
#DiverseEd virtual conference:
Weekly #FastForwardDiversityInclusion webcasts, co-hosted by Hannah:
2. Other Training:
Diversity in Schools Masterclasses (Bennie Kara, Hannah Jepson and Hannah Wilson):
If the dates do not work for you then pop your details here on our EOI for future sessions.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Programme (Angela Browne and Hannah Wilson):
If the dates do not work for you then pop your details here on our EOI for the next cohort.
#DiverseEd events 2020-21:
Let us know what you would like to hear/ learn about and if you would like to join us or to speak here.
3. Diversity in Education Media Resources
Check out the growing reading, listening and viewing list
Bhopal, Kalwant. White Privilege
DiAngelo, Robin. White Fragility
Eddo-Lodge, Reni. Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race
Saad, Layla. Me and White Supremacy.
Talking Race podcast
Did you find this useful? Why not watch the recordings of all 4 sessions from our recent virtual conference on rebuilding education after Covid, with a focus on identifying and closing gaps.