Whole Education has a strategic partnership with Nesta, the innovation foundation that turns bold ideas into reality.
During the pandemic, Whole Education hosted a series of virtual meetings for primary, secondary and trust leaders to share ideas, problem-solve common challenges, and innovate new solutions in response to the fast moving national picture. WE shared some of the key themes and ideas in our weekly blogs.
Nesta often joined these meetings, and worked with leaders and teachers from the WE network to discover the key things schools and trusts were wrestling with.
The five key themes we identified were:
1. The importance of fostering student agency
2. Evolving understandings of ‘disadvantage’ in the home
3. Schools as pillars of the community
4. Reflecting on the role and purpose of schools
5. Overcoming barriers to harness the potential of digital technology
Thank you to Nesta and all the schools who contributed to these virtual meetings.
And now… find out more about our core offer to support schools and trusts.