This used to be the message whenever people asked how they could find out about Whole Education, or visited our website.
While we were busy building great relationships with our schools, and working with them on how to effectively deliver a high-quality whole education, our poor old branding had been a bit neglected.
We didn’t always make it easy for schools to quickly or easily find out what we stand for, or how we help them do what they do best through programmes, events and thought leadership.
Changes in the WE network
What we’re trying to do
Our priority was to find ways to communicate that we are a network of like-minded, passionate people and organisations who share a mission to ensure all young people receive a fully rounded education. We wanted to make sure schools could easily find the benefits of membership and collaborate across our vibrant national network.
We’re a nonprofit, and exist to support and share the brilliant work schools are doing. Schools are busy places, and teachers and leaders are busy people. As Oliver Caviglioli reminded us: “the greatest respect you can give teachers is not to waste their time” – so we have tried to simplify Whole Education’s branding and communications as much as possible.
So what’s different?
1. A new logo:
It builds on what went before, but adds a simple visual signifier. We like to think it captures the sense of wholeness and inclusivity at the heart of our mission (and looks a bit like a nice, virtual e-hug).
2. We’ve made sure our green, a recognisable Whole Education colour, stands out more. We want you to be easily able to spot our brand so you know it’s us.
3. A new website! Everything you need to find out about upcoming events and stories about how schools in the network are delivering a whole education in one place.
4. New icons, pictures and designs. Less text, so we’re wasting less of your time.
5. We have a whole range of new ‘things’ that we hope will make life easier for schools…
Your membership pack
By early September, WE members should have received:
- A wall planner with key dates for 2019-20. We’ve worked in schools. We know these get snaffled up fast.
- Your new membership booklet (primary and secondary)- helping you find out what’s happening in the network and make the most of the inclusive core offer.
- An article to go in your newsletter about Whole Education – so you can tell your community about one more reason they should be very proud of your school.
- Your membership certificate – we know every time a school joins our network, they’re making a big statement. They’re saying they believe in doing the right thing: in working cooperatively in a system that sometimes seems to prioritise competition. In caring about more than just exams, when all the incentives seem to say they’re all that matters. So we’ve sent you a certificate saying how much we value working with you. We’d love you to put it up and celebrate your decision.
How you can help us…
So that’s what we’ve done- hopefully you like it. We’re really excited to take it out on the road in 2019/20.
Now we have our new look, we’d like to ask you for a favour. Our network is only as strong as our schools, so the more we all shout about it, the better it gets.
Please can you…
- Put our new logo on your website, so everyone knows you’re a school offering a great, whole education. We’d like to think of it as a mark of schools going above and beyond to do right by their community. You can download it in different colourways – so it will look good on everyone’s website.
- Talk about us on social media. Why don’t you add that you are a @wholeeducation school to your bio? We love to retweet pictures and stories from your schools – use the hashtag #wholeeducation and tag us!
- Include our article in your newsletters/magazines.
- Give your team a copy of our membership pack so they can see what support is on offer. We work with staff right across your school- so we’d love to hear from anyone that’s interested.
- Send us a picture of the certificate displayed in your school. Is it in your reception? Your office? We’d love to see. The best might even win a prize.
- Talk about us! Give our booklet to anyone that shares our mission (if you need more copies, let us know). If you are interested in growing a local whole education network, speak to your network manager who can offer support, resources and ideas to get it off the ground.
…to all our schools for continuing to make the network what it is, and inspiring us with all your brilliant passion and practice.
Particular thanks to all the schools that contributed pictures for our new materials, and the schools that took the time to give us feedback on what they wanted from a new website.
If you’d like to chat about anything in this post or join the network for 2019-20, get in touch.